That beautiful carpet or the centerpiece is the pride of your home. However, it doesn’t matter how protective and precautious you are; an unfortunate incident will leave behind a disdainful stain. Nonetheless, you don’t have to sit around dwindling your thumbs because there are ways to combat carpet stains. In this article, we shall discuss a few common types of carpet stains and a general guide you can use to get rid of most of such stains.
Common Type Of Carpet Stains:
Some of the most formidable carpet stains have something in common, a stubborn dye, which leaves a somewhat permanent stain. Here is a list of some of the most common culprits:
- Kool-Aid: This sweet flavored drink leaves behind an obnoxious red stain, which can be difficult to remove later if you don’t act promptly.
- Pet Messes: Sometimes, your pets can’t hold it anymore, and when it comes down rushing, you can’t hold back your nerves. That will be frustrating, to say the least. However, the stain is not the only problem; but the mess is also accompanied by a smell that you need to get rid of as soon as possible.
- Blood: Whether it’s a nose bleed or the result of your children’s roughhousing, blood stains are here to stay.
- Coffee: Coffee is our favorite morning beverage, but its likeness will surely dwindle after that accidental spillage. It’s all because of a natural plant dye known as tannin that leaves behind a yellowish spot. However, tannin is not only found in coffee; some wine, tomato, and tea also contain this compound.
How Can You Remove Them:
- Start from blotting. Dab a dry towel on the spill to soak the liquid. Make sure you do this gently; otherwise, you risk spreading the spill and making the stain more stubborn. In case of your pet’s mess, gear up with gloves and collect the mess using a tissue, do that carefully so as not to spread the stain.
- Prepare a solution using water and a cleaning agent. You can use your dishwasher liquid or vinegar as a cleaner. Mix the cleaner with quartz of water. While vinegar will work on most of the stain, it’s handy if you stain a specific cleaner with you. When using harsh liquids, use gloves and perform an area test before using the chemical. You can also use milk or milk powder for tea and coffee.
- Spray solution on the stain. Let the solution sit on the stain for some time. Feel free to use the solution in ample quantities; just make sure that the area is super moist.
- End with blotting. Perform the blotting as we discussed above. Keep blotting until you blot the stain out of existence.
At times you get all the steps right, and still, you can’t get rid of those carpet stains. However, you don’t have to worry about that with our premium cleaning services. Staff at Clean Up have several tricks up their sleeves to maintain your carpet. Hence, ring us at (832)-228-5956 to find out how we can help you out.